English Oak Plate
At the table these beautiful wooden plates would be great for small starters, sharing plates or cheeses. Around the home, use them to hold pillar candles or special pieces of jewellery.
Each plate is individually hand-turned from quarter sawn English Oak. The slow growth and long drying process has resulted in a fantastically rich, characterful wood. This is emphasised with a finish of food-safe oil and a vegan wood balm for a subtle lustre.
- Handcrafted in England
- Individually made by hand in Derbyshire
- Traditionally made from British-grown timbers
- Dimension approx: diameter 16cm, height 2.5cm
- Finished in tung oil, made from the nut of the tung tree
- Brown Oak Tray, Brown Oak Cake Knife and Birch Butter Knife available
- Comes wrapped in tissue paper and our drawstring cotton bag
- Shipped using eco-friendly packaging
Not suitable for holding liquids. Not suitable for dishwashers, and don’t submerge in water. To clean, wipe with a damp cloth and a mild detergent if necessary. Dry straight away. For best results we recommend rejuvenating with wood balm every few months.
Selwyn House is formed by Sean Best and Ellie Smalls, who met studying Fine Art at Leeds Arts University. Always drawn to making things, Sean bought a second-hand lathe and began teaching himself woodturning. An all-consuming obsession for understanding and working with wood followed, and after making the move back to Ellie’s home county of Derbyshire in 2017, they formed Selwyn House, combining their creative talents to create small-batch handmade tableware & homeware from the best British-grown timbers they could get their hands on.
(For free delivery in Lewes visit our Shipping page.)