The Wilderness Volume questions what is wilderness and what it means to be wild. It reflects on how perceptions of wilderness evolve and change – how wilderness has been feared, conquered, and revered. It contemplates how we may embrace our wilder selves and become more in tune with nature. It discovers how creativity and collective vision can create positive change, and how wildlands can inspire and enliven us. It explores spaces shared with other species, and thinks about how we may offer environmental stewardship and protect our last remaining wild places.
The Wilderness Volume includes:
- Questioning the implications of swapping co-habitation for separation with wilderness.
- The wonders and frustrations of building and living in a cabin.
- Printmaker Kelli MacConnell discuses how her relationship with nature continually inspires her work.
- By trading bricks and mortar for the forest, Stef Roberts brings into question the concept of home.
- Ed & James Harrison combine design and conservation in their new project, Under the Skin.
- Authentic ways to reconnect with our innate sensibilities and feel more entwined with nature.
Long road: How untouched are our wild places really? Palaeoecology holds the key to finding out.
- Mule packing in Montana with Chris Eyer. A tale of heart and hooves and wild places.
- Marine conservation for environmental activists striving to protect our largest wilderness.
- The indigenous peoples of Tierra del Fuego and their harmonious relationship with the natural world.
- How photographer Bruno Augsburger's exposure to wild nature has shaped his worldview and creative practice.
- The positive impacts Fair Trade products can have on the people who make them.
- Special travel feature about Romania.
"Inspired by nature to be creative and lead a considered way of life."
- Created and printed in the UK
- Printed on uncoated FSC approved paper using vegetable inks
- Free gift wrapping with every order
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication that explores the stories of passionate people, alluring landscapes and intriguing ideas. We cover a disparate selection of subject matter all deep-rooted in exploration, creativity, innovation and discovery, and aim to be a source of inspiration for those who seek an active and considered lifestyle by encouraging an optimistic, forward-thinking and responsible mindset. The publication is a high quality journal: Another Escape is 160 pages on beautiful, quality 120gsm uncoated paper stock (FSC approved & Euro Ecolabel) with 300gsm matte laminate cover, printed in vegetable inks with a local printer.
Another Escape is created by a small dedicated team in Bristol, UK. They work with a talented team of collaborators and contributors to create each volume of the magazine.
(For free delivery in Lewes visit our Shipping page.)