The Frozen Volume steps out and embraces the cold. It discovers how extreme conditions can foster community, unity and togetherness, and how our passion for outdoor pursuits can empower us to face the elements. It uncovers the resilience and ingenuity of communities that have prevailed in some of the planet’s most hostile environments, and how living in these enchanting yet unforgiving places has shaped their worldview. It explores the threats faced by frozen landscapes around the globe as the impacts of climate change become increasingly evident, and, crucially, this volume celebrates these unique icy regions in the hope that we may feel driven to preserve them for future generations.
Another Escape Magazine | Volume 11
"Inspired by nature to be creative and lead a considered way of life."
This issue includes:
- The Last of the Snowshoe Makers: One man's adventure to collect the world's most comprehensive collection of snowshoes.
- Under the Ice: The responsibilities of a modern-day explorer and the value of solo adventure in the Arctic.
- Dissonance in the Wilderness: How our selective memories infuse our expectations and frame our relationship with the outdoors.
- Created and printed in the UK
- Printed on uncoated FSC approved paper using vegetable inks
- Free gift wrapping with every order
- Find more back issues here
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication that explores the stories of passionate people, alluring landscapes and intriguing ideas. We cover a disparate selection of subject matter all deep-rooted in exploration, creativity, innovation and discovery, and aim to be a source of inspiration for those who seek an active and considered lifestyle by encouraging an optimistic, forward-thinking and responsible mindset. The publication is a high quality journal: Another Escape is 160 pages on beautiful, quality 120gsm uncoated paper stock (FSC approved & Euro Ecolabel) with 300gsm matte laminate cover, printed in vegetable inks with a local printer.
Another Escape is created by a small dedicated team in Bristol, UK. They work with a talented team of collaborators and contributors to create each volume of the magazine.
(For free delivery in Lewes visit our Shipping page.)