Birch Butter Knife
Crafted to sit comfortably in the hand with a simple, modern design, these beautiful wooden butter knives are a joy to use, for morning toast or with bread at the dinner table.
Made from English Birch, each knife has its own characteristics and colour varies, as is expected from a natural product. Finished in tung oil, made from the nut of the tung tree.
- Handcrafted in England
- Individually made by hand in Derbyshire
- Traditionally made from British-grown timbers
- Length approx. 21cm
- Finished in tung oil, made from the nut of the tung tree
- Brown Oak Cake Knife, Brown Oak Tray and English Oak Plate available
- Comes wrapped in tissue paper and our drawstring cotton bag
- Shipped using eco-friendly packaging
To care for your knife, simply wipe clean with a damp cloth and dry straight away. Not suitable for dishwashers. Use wood balm regularly to preserve the finish.
Selwyn House is formed by Sean Best and Ellie Smalls, who met studying Fine Art at Leeds Arts University. Always drawn to making things, Sean bought a second-hand lathe and began teaching himself woodturning. An all-consuming obsession for understanding and working with wood followed, and after making the move back to Ellie’s home county of Derbyshire in 2017, they formed Selwyn House, combining their creative talents to create small-batch handmade tableware & homeware from the best British-grown timbers they could get their hands on.
(For free delivery in Lewes visit our Shipping page.)