Rosemary + Lavender Shampoo Bar
This wonderful Rosemary + Lavender Shampoo Bar has been formulated with lots of lovely cold pressed UK Rapeseed oil and organic Apple Cider Vinegar along with organic Rosemary infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Made with 100% natural, vegan ingredients and lovingly crafted in an old converted barn, surrounded by a traditional cottage garden in the Herefordshire countryside.
All soaps are made using the cold process method and also a process called super-fatting. Doing this allows to keep the free oils and the naturally occurring glycerine. This is what makes them so exceptionally moisturising.
- Handmade in Herefordshire
- 100% natural, Vegan
- No Palm Oil
- No Preservatives
- No Parabens or Artificial Fragrances
- 100g per bar
- All soaps are wrapped in recycled paper
- Cedarwood + Green Clay, Charcoal Detox, Frankincense + Orange and Lavender + Geranium Soap Bars available
- Free gift wrapping with every order
How to use: There is usually an adjustment period of about 1 month on chemically treated hair when using natural products. To use the shampoo bar just wet your hair thoroughly and rub the bar over your head until you feel enough has been left on your hair to create a lather. Wash as normal and you can then apply your usual conditioner if you wish. You may find over time you will not need it as your hair is not stripped of its natural healthy oils. If you live in a hard water area you may need to rinse or spray hair with a vinegar rinse of 1 tablespoon ACV (apple cider vinegar) per cup of warm water and rinse out.
Hints + Tips:
- Having greasy hair may be a fall out from using a commercial shampoo. Commercial detergent shampoo will have stripped your hair of its natural oils, your scalp would then have produced more oil to compensate for this. Therefore it may take a week or more for your scalp to rebalance its oil production, during this period you hair may feel greasy or heavy.
- There is also the problem of product build up from commercial shampoo's and conditioners which often contain waxes, synthetic silicones, and silica that coat your hair, to make it "feel" nice, but leave a residue in your hair. You can help remove this build up by rinsing you hair with 2 tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in a cup of warm water.
- Also the water you are washing your hair with may be causing problems. Have you tried the apple cider vinegar rinse? You may need to use a stronger solution than the one suggested above.
- Another trick if you live in a hard water area is to add a tablespoon of baking soda to a pint of warm water. Use this solution to wet hair before shampooing. It can help the shampoo bar lather better and thus rinse out more thoroughly.
Please always make sure you have rinsed your hair thoroughly after shampooing.
Ingredients: Sodium Rapeseedate (Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil), Sodium Cocoate (Coconut Oil), Organic Apple Cider Vinigar, Sodium Castorate (Cold Pressed Castor Oil), Sodium Sunflowerate (Sunflower Oil), Sodium Mangobutterate (Mango Butter)
Sodium Lactate, Glycerine (Naturaly occuring in the soap making process), Sodium Olivate (Organic Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool (*Naturally occurring in Essential Oils)
Wild Sage + Co is a family-run business hand crafting cold processed soaps and skin-loving balms from natural ingredients. Founders Julie, Rosanna and Georgia believe skin care should be simple and ingredients lists derived from nature.
Soap Care: Since these hand crafted soaps have no chemical preservatives, they deserve a little bit of attention to keep them happy and prolong their lives. They have a high percentage of natural glycerine which is great for your skin as its incredibly moisturising but it also attracts water so it's really important to keep these soaps somewhere dry. When you are not using them it's best to keep them out of water on a well drained surface so that it completely dries between uses. Use a soap dish (wooden dishes with open slats are perfect) or you could even be a bit creative and use a few pebbles from the garden. This will help make it last so you can get the most from your soap and enjoy feeling naturally fresh and fragrant for as long as possible!
(For free delivery in Lewes visit our Shipping page.)